Student Support/Advising and Counseling

Insurances (Health Insurance etc.)

National Health Insurance

International students who will be staying in Japan more than one year must subscribe to the National Health Insurance. International students who will not be staying more than a year don’t need to register for it. However, once registered with the National Health Insurance, you will only need to pay 30% of the total medical bill. Therefore, it is advisable to subscribe it, even if the stay is less than one year.

Other Insurances

The University subscribes to the Accident Insurance and the Liability Insurance for international students who registered at University of Yamanashi.  International students may be paid insurance when injure themselves or other people, or break something which belongs to others during university classes events on-campus or off-campus, so ask the Office of International Affairs .